Location: Beechlawn Organic Farm (H53K753)
Saturdays 10:00am – 2:00pm
Customers are welcome to come to our farm shop. Customers can come in the main entrance, pass the white house, go down the hill and park there or continue around to our packhouse where the shop is set up.
Veg Box Deliveries / Seachadadh baile de bhoscaí tairgí
- Galway City – Thursday Delivery (€4.50)
- Co. Clare (certain routes only) – Wednesday Delivery (€4.50)
- Athlone/Ballinasloe – Tuesday Delivery (€4.50)
- Dublin – Tuesday + Friday Delivery (€6.99)
- Nationwide – Tuesday – Friday Delivery (€10.00)
- Orders must be in by 08:00 day before delivery, otherwise it will be added to next delivery route day.
Farm Collection Available Monday – Friday 09:00 – 4:00pm (€0.00) H53K753
Order your box today at www.beechlawnorganicfarm.ie/shop. If you have any questions at all, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text 086-179-9007.
Field Vegetables / Glasraí ón nGort
We have thirty acres of fully certified organic vegetables. We also grow 20 acres of green manures in fields that are resting.
Outside we grow: leeks, onion, beetroot, broccoli, brussel sprouts, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, celeriac, kale, lettuce, parsnips, salad leaves and turnips.
Protected Cropping / Curaíocht faoi Chosaint
We have 16,000 sq feet of protected cropping for vegetables which need more heat to grow well.
Our protected cropping consists of 5 polytunnels with irrigation.
Under cover we grow: celery, courgette, cucumber, french beans, lettuce, salad leaves, scallions and tomatoes. Tomatoes, cucumber, french beans and courgette are harvested from late July to mid October.
Sourced Supplies / Soláthairtí Aimsithe
We also purchase vegetables from other Irish Organic farmers and we import Organic fruit and vegetables from Holland.
Product Range / Réimse Táirgí
Naturally, our range of products varies from season to season throughout the year.
From June to October we have Irish beetroot, broccoli, cabbage, carrot, cauliflower, celery, courgette, cucumber, french beans, kale, parsnip, potato, pumpkin, tomato and turnip.
From November to March we harvest: cabbage, carrots, parsnip, and turnip; winter salads: brussels sprouts, kale, beetroot; and purple sprouting broccoli and celery.
The “hungry gap” is from March to May, when last years harvest is almost gone or has gone to seed and this years spring sowings are not big enough to eat. During this time we buy from other growers in Ireland and import from abroad so we have most veg and fruit all year around.
WE SELL IRISH AND IMPORTED DRIED WHOLEFOODS including Kilbeggan Organic oats, wholegrain brown rice and pumpkin seeds and other items in our veg box scheme/ home delivery boxes.
About Our Products / Maidir lenár dTáirgí
Naturally, our range of products varies throughout the year. With our polytunnels being warmer, we can enjoy a much wider variety of home-grown produce, thus relying less on imports.
We import what we cannot produce to give our customer a wider selection, we try to buy from as close to home as possible, usually inside the EU. However, we buy Bananas and Pineapples from such places as the Dominican Republic and Ghana all year around. All fruit and vegetables grown and imported are Class 1.
- Chemical fertilizer and pesticide free. (We use natural pelleted organic standard chicken manure, seaweed dust fertilizers, soil conditioners, epsom salts for magnesium, lime, and farm yard manure.)
- Reduced carbon emissions through a short distance from source to customer.
- We will reimburse you if you are not completely satisfied with your fruit and vegetables!
Certified organic by the Irish Organic Association
Bord Bia quality assurance certificate
Origin Green members
- Kinder to the environment, and kinder to you!
- More of the goodness, and less of the badness!
- Did you know our products are available from some Farmers’ Markets? While we don’t sell at markets ourselves any more, we supply market traders around Ireland when they dont have their own veg. Contact us to see if we supply a market near you.
Mission Statement / Ráiteas Misin
Beechlawn Organic Farm Is Recognised As A Producer and distributor Of The Best Quality Organic Vegetables In Ireland, Bringing Healthy Food To Our Customers , Grown and sourced by Our Team In A Sustainable Way. We Are Happy In Our Work, we feel good about what we do.
Aithnítear Beechlawn Organic Farm ina Tháirgeoir de Ghlasraí Orgánacha den Chaighdeán is Fearr in Éirinn, ag Cur Bia Folláin ar Fáil dár gCustaiméirí, Bia a Chuirtear ag Fás ar Bhealach atá Inbhuanaithe. Táimid Sásta inár gCuid Oibre, airíonn muid go bhfuilimid i mbun rud éigin iontach.
- We grow our veg using only natural methods in Co. Galway. We also source organic veg from other Irish Growers and we import what we cannot buy here. We use nets to keep off pests and manure and seaweed soil feeds to fertilise the soil.
- We grow over 20 different crops on our farm and employ a staff of 20 people ( 2019)
- We try to use energy efficient and environmentally friendly methods of packing and distribution where possible.
- We supply supermarkets with pre packed barcoded vegetables and fruit, we also sell loose bulk veg to wholesalers, market traders, restaurants smaller shops and box scheme owners.
- Our office staff are very friendly and will always try to help when you phone, email or text us!
- We harvest our veg from 7.30 or 8am Monday to Friday but need the orders by 8am to get the harvest in on time so we can pack and compile orders for the next day. Our van delivers to Dublin Galway Clare and Limerick and a number of towns in between two days a week
- We send other orders around Ireland via a courier and a chilled pallet distribution company. We observe that our farm is a mini wildlife sanctuary so to support us for that reason alone is good for nature. Organic veg has been proven to be more nutritious in a study done in the UK in 2014 see this link: www.soilassociation.org/whatisorganic
- The veg we sell is also delicious, and most people notice a big difference in the taste. We hope you enjoy it too and welcome your valuable feedback.
OUR CORE VALUES, PRINCIPALS AND TARGETS / ÁR bPRÍOMHLUACHANNA, PRÍOMHPHRIONSABAIL AGUS PRÍOMHSPRIOCANNA
PRODUCING AND DISTRIBUTING GOOD QUALITY FOOD / BIA d’ARDCHAIGHDEÁN A THAIRGEADH AGUS A DHÁILEADH
SUSTAINABLE FARMING & LIVING / FEIRMEOIREACHT AGUS SLÍ MHAIREACHTÁLA INBHUANAITHE
LOWERING OUR CARBON FOOTPRINT / ÁR LORG CARBÓIN A ÍSLIÚ
NEW SOLUTIONS TO PLASTIC PACKAGING / RÉITIGH NUA AR PHACÁISTIÚ PLAISTEACH
ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY FARMING PRACTICES including ENCOURAGING BIODIVERSITY, WILDFLOWER/POLINATOR FRIENDLY COMPANION PLANTS AND VERGES. / NÓSANNA FEIRMEOIREACHTA ATÁ BÁÚIL DON TIMPEALLACHT lena n-áirítear BITHÉAGSÚLACHT, PLANDAÍ COMPÁNACH BLÁTHA FHIÁIN/BÁÚIL DO PHAILNEOIRÍ A SPREAGADH
CUSTOMER AND STAFF WELFARE / FOLLÁINE CUSTAIMÉARA AGUS FOIRNE
A HAPPY HEALTHY ENVIRONMENT / TIMPEALLACHT SHONA AGUS SHLÁINTIÚIL